Specialty Online Data Services and Unique Software Tools . . .
Zip-n-Go - Detailed Info & Product Support
Flash sync scans multiple project folders at the push of a single button & synchronizes them with a collection of zip files on a flash card, floppy, zip disk or a network. Perfect if you use more than one computer!(will also sync folders)
Clone & transfer your bookmarks (favorites), address book, spelling dictionary, QuickenTM data, mail folders & mail identities to other computers you use, such as a laptop! - Clone Wizard automatically finds the special Windows files & folders, Flash Sync does the transferFind & transfer your stuff easily!Split & merge files of any type. Can make self-assembling file parts.
This is a binary file splitter for the purpose of storing large files on separate disks, NOT a video or audio editor
Encrypt files, even lock them to a particular hard drive.
Copy & set file dates, make the date of a file meaningful to you, not the OS.
Modify binary files, change messages in your favorite program if you want!
View folder sizes and print folder content listings, make self-extracting 'exe' files. Drag & drop, cut & paste or pushbutton zipping & unzipping. Run programs in zip files. Install programs from zipfiles, etc. Choice of file select styles, font sizes, and two-sided screen vs. single-window container view.
$7.95 for full registration - zip/unzip forever! - clone/sync feature subject to 30 day trial
Download Now for Win XP/2k/98/95 - 783kb, 30 day eval. (zip/unzip never expires)
Get ZIP-N-GO plus Referee, Scrap, TextFind & DinnerBell in a single download - or on CDROM - click here
- "I was able to use your program immediately without having to go through tons of help files!" - B.H.
- "The best that I have seen!" - C.K.
- "The most reasonably priced I've found with so many great features!" - K.R.
- "Zip-n-Go does the job!" - D.S.
- "I tried other similar programs, but they didn't have the integration with Windows Explorer or the ability to do many of the things your program does so well." - J.A.
- "A lot better than WinZip" - Chip F., Jan. 2002
In release 4.0
- Install procedure compatible with Windows 7 - Fix occasional crash when syncing folders with very long file names
In release 3.5:
- Addresses Daylight Savings Time bug in Windows when doing file sync . . . Windows reports DST adjusted times differently on FAT32 and NTFS file systems. If you sync files between differening file systems (or Windows' versions) then your files will appear out of date every time there is a change to or from Daylight Savings Time. This problem is handled by a workaround in version 3.5 that compensates for Windows' inconsistent time reporting.
In release 3.10-12:
In release 3.08:
- Recognizes .nasa as a .zip file type (release 3.12 fixes a problem zipping into a .nasa file)
In release 3.07:
- Corrects error in setting file time during copying which was introduced in 3.07
In releases 3.05-3.06:
- Correctly reports file sizes up to 4.29 gigs
- Allows split size up to 4.27 gigs
- Corrects dual process starting sometimes during sync
- Correctly sets file time when unzipping into certain special Windows folders
- Various improvements to error messages and crash recovery
In release 3.0:
- Copy and Set FILE DATES
- RESIZABLE left side panel, just drag the edge of the file box
- EDIT BINARY FILES feature added to HEX utility, also better scrolling & searching
- More reliable install, fixed several bugs in new Clone/Sync Wizards and ShellFix, more automatic sync operation
In release 2.9:
- CLONE WIZARD finds your favorites, addresses, dictionaries, portfolios, mail & identities for transfer to another computer, like a laptop
- SUBFOLDER SYNC within zip files or ordinary folders, makes it easy to move or update complex data collections
- EXTENDED VIEWING options, including launching system right-click apps on zipped files, viewing files during sync
- CUT & PASTE between zip files - much better than drag & drop, because you don't have to see both at once
- IMPROVED FIND searches for files, zipped files, folders or links to TextFind for boolean search within file text - also finds special Windows folders for you, like Favorites, My Documents, Outlook Folders, etc.
- FRESH NEW GRAPHICS with a cool new zip file icon, refined screen layouts, return of the ZIP Container view when launching zipfiles
- SHELLFIX utility solves occasional problem with Windows launcher when using right-click menus
- FULL XP/2K testing and support
In releases 2.81-2.89:
- Improved drive icons for flash card readers, etc.
- Flash sync can be paused & resumed, zipfiles edited, etc.
- Provides correct free space for large drives, flash cards, etc.
- Finds XP/2000 shell folders (desktop, my docs), automatically adjusts for current user.
- Follows new style folder shortcuts automatically, improves all shortcut icons.
- Fixed various bugs: deleting XP/NT folders, XP help, XP icons, brackets [ ], rename, default zipname.
- Simplified install options, install finds XP desktop & quick-start bar correctly.
- Improved Explorer right-click menus: configuration, multi-file launch, ShellFix for Win2k.
- A backup of your registered copy can be made to any media (not hard coded to floppy).
- Bug in windows style select fixed ("unable to open main window" error)
- Added menu item to check for new version
- Fixed bug with zipped subfolders and very long file names
- Updated install to not crash on Win XP
- File splitter makes self-assembling file parts
- Font optimization for WinME/XP
- File integrity protection on unzipping - will not overwrite old file until verifying zip file integrity
- Options on file sync to view or delete, and to re-consider all files
- Improved navigation of shortcut links, right-click activation from explorer, menu clarity
- Size limit removed from zip file source directory database (version 2.82)
- Emergency unzip after expiration allowed from main window (version 2.83)
- Corrected install helper problems: closing main window after launching .zip file (2.84)
and will now work with .zip files on CD, and does not repeat messages so often (2.85)
- Improved configuration for explorer right-click menus, 1-click navigation, etc. (2.85)
- Escape long directory fills or sorts by hitting escape key (2.85)
Frequently Asked Questions / Tech Support
Here are actual un-edited user questions of general interest:
(1) WHERE TO ENTER CODE: I am not sure where I enter code?? I keep getting the page that asks for my credit card info and I already paid??From menus select help, then select about/register and enter code in space as shown in figure at left.
(2) REMOVE RIGHT-CLICK MENUS: Is there any way to remove the Zip-N-Go options from the right click menus if that option was mistakenly selected upon installation? I tried to uninstall the software and that didn't work.Earlier versions than 2.85 had a bug in the uninstall. Download new version above & run configure menus option.(3) ASKING FOR CODE AGAIN: I reloaded my disk after a system crash, and now Zip-n-Go is asking for the code again. I have reports due tomorrow that I need to unzip right away. Please help!
Note: on Win/ME and later, Microsoft seems to have fixed the problem with the Office shortcut bar.The registration information is stored on your hard drive, and might be destroyed in certain types of crashes, or if you migrate to a new computer. When you first register Zip-n-Go it will offer to make a backup disk from which you can reload without a code. You should do this to avoid the above problem. It gives you permanent access.(4) PLAYING SPLIT FILES: I split a video file & only the first part will play.
If you didn't make the backup disk, you will have 30 days in which to write me for a new code. While your registration never expires once entered, there are time limitations on entry to prevent code theft. If somehow the 30 days goes by unnoticed, versions 2.84 and later have emergency unzip built-in that never expires. You also get a new 30 day period by downloading a later version than the one you have. Or you can use the unzip-only tool above.Zip-n-Go splits files only for the purpose of storing them on separate disks. The files must be re-assembled to be launched or played or opened with an application. Try using Virtual Dub to split video files into playable parts.OTHER QUESTIONS: There are frankly not many questions on this software. It has evolved over many years to make most things obvious to the user. Every time I get a question I try to improve the program. If your question is not listed above, and you checked in the help file & it's not there, then write me. If you have questions about your payment, write the agent through which you paid. Write me only if you paid directly to MediaComm (mc1soft.com). If you are looking for the old 16 bit Windows 3.1 version, click here.
WARRANTY: The software is available on a 30-day fully functional try-before-buy basis, and refunds after purchase are not available (same as buying software or music from a store - once the wrapper is off, it's yours). Always try software before you buy it. Resist the "buy-now" buttons that agents will tempt you with, as they take away your flexibility. You can give proper credit to an agent that helped you find the software by selecting that agent on the purchase options page after trying out the software.
(c) 1998-2003 MediaComm Software, all rights reserved
related sites: Referee - MC Tools - MyCustomPrints